The Mosaico March-April Newsletter is available. Click here to review and print the current newsletter. For past newsletters and instructions on printing the newsletter, go to the Newsletter page. Upcoming events described in the Mosaico.
- March 16 – Tavola di_San Giuseppe Dinner at St. Rose Parrish Hall
- March 29 – Sunday at the Center Movie – Sunflower with Sophia Loren & Marcello Mastroianni
- April 20 – Buona Pasqua Dinner (Post Easter) at St. Rose Parrish Hall
- April 26 – Sunday at the Center Movie – The Talented Mr. Ripley with Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Matt Damon and Phillip Seymour Hoffman
The March 16 Dinner celebrates St. Joseph: Patron, Provider and Protector. Janet Barocco has written an article about the history of La Festa e La Tavola di San Guiseppe. Click here for this article. In the spirit of St. Joseph’s Day, please consider bringing a non-perishable food donation to the dinner for our donation to F.I.S.H, a local food bank.
NBICF Santa Rosa Junior College Spring Semester Scholarship Program
Since the NBICF Scholarship Program was established in 1986, more than $100,000 has been awarded. For the 2015 Spring Semester, we are pleased to offer eight scholarships to qualified students at Santa Rosa Junior College:
- Marianne Pedroncelli Scholarship to a student whose academic pursuits have a direct link to Italy or the Italo-American experience, either past or present.
- Jeannette Mancini Mitchell Scholarship to a future educator with a course in Italian or an Italy Study Abroad experience.
- Five NBICF Scholarships to students enrolled in Italian language classes.
Consideration will be given to current NBICF members and members of their immediate family.
- Italy Study Abroad Scholarship to a student furthering their education through study in Italy.
For information & applications for these scholarships, see the Scholarship page.
February 15 – “RISORGIMENTO” presented by Douglas Kenning, Ph.D.
This is a special Sundays at the Center Event at the Italian Cultural Center – Doors open at 2:00 PM – presentation at 2:30 PM. Come learn about the “RISORGIMENTO” (Rising again), the 19th century movement for Italian unification that culminated in the establishment of the kingdom of Italy in 1861. Dr. Kenning received his doctorate from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland and has taught at universities in the U.S., Tunisia, Japan, and Italy. He is also the author of books, articles, and stage plays.
Seating is be limited to 50. Use the reservation form in the current Mosaico Culturale. A suggested donation of $5.00 is appreciated. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Mary’s Pizza Shack at 535 Summerfield Road in Santa Rosa has generously provided NBICF with a Dine Donate Fundraiser in conjunction with this event. 20% of food purchased before or after the lecture at this location will be donated to NBICF. Obtain a Dine & Donate Coupon at the event.