The Mosaico July-August Newsletter is available. Click here to review and print the current newsletter. For past newsletters and instructions on printing the newsletter, go to the Newsletter page. Upcoming events described in the Mosaico.
- July 11 – Painting Italy Workshop – 1 pm at the Italian Cultural Center
- July 15 – Pizza, Birra & Vino Party – 6:00 pm at Italian Cultural Center
- August 17 – Winemaker Dinner – 5:30 pm at Riviera Ristorante
- August 23 – Sundays at the Center – 2 pm – Music by Ben Slavin direct from Naples
- August 30 – Sundays at the Center Movie – 2 pm – Bitter Rice, Riso Amaro
Italian Classes in Fall, 2015 at Santa Rosa Junior College
SRJC offers a variety of courses at different levels in the transfer credit program, as well as others in Community Education, a not-for-credit learning enrichment program. Click on this link to view 2015 Fall offerings.
Italian Classes at the NBICF Italian Cultural Center
For information on Italian classes at the NBICF Cultural Center, visit the Language page. NBICF offers an annual Summer Language Camp for Youth, an Advanced Intermediate Conversation & Grammar class and an Italian Conversation Incontro weekly meeting at the Center.
The Summer Language Camp for Youth has been extended for another week. The June 15-19 Class has been rescheduled to June 22-26.
This camp is an immersion language experience for youth ages 7-17 offered by Dr. Joli Love, Associate Professor of Italian at Harding University.
JUNE 22 ~ JUNE 26, 2015 ~ 9:00AM to Noon – (open to ages 7 to 17)
Youth will be at all times supervised by two adults and a camp counselor. Awards and surprise prizes will be conferred during Friday’s Final show presentation and potluck lunch hour.
Fee schedule: $55 for one week, $100 for two weeks. Additional discounts are available for multiple siblings. For a Registration Form and a detailed curriculum schedule click on this link – Italian_Language Camp_2015. Note the date change to register for the class starting on June 22. For questions or more information, call NBICF at 707-591-9696.
June 15 – Father’s Day Dinner at St. Rose Parish Hall
- Monday, June 15, 5:00 pm – Monthly Dinner at St. Rose Parish Hall Dining Room, 398 10th Street, Santa Rosa. June’s dinner is a Father’s Day celebration with a menu highlighting the Region of Le Marche located in the central area of Italy.
- Come for a wonderful meal of antipasti, salad, grilled meats & pasta with herbs & sundried tomatoes and dessert. Doors open at 5:00 pm; dinner at 6:00 pm.
- Members are asked to bring a photo of their father or grandfather to be displayed. Everyone who brings a photo will receive one free raffle ticket.
- $14 for members, $16 guests; $8 teens 13-18; $5 for children 5-12; under 5 free. See current newsletter Mosaico Culturale for dinner reservation forms.
June 26 at 6:00 pm – CENA e CINEMA at the Center
- Friday night dinner & movie at the Center. The Mangiamo Committee has teamed with Sunday at the Center’s Diane McCurdy to bring you an informal sit-down deal that includes salad, main course, dessert & wine, plus a movie.
- We will be showing Love is All You Need with Pierce Brosnan as a widower attending his son’s wedding in Italy – a heartwarming story of acceptance & love.
- To reserve, send your check for $20 to NBICF, 64 Brookwood, SR 95404 by June 19. Space limited to 25 so reserve early.
July 15 – 6:00-9:00 pm – PIZZA e BIRRA e VINO
- Third Annual PIZZA E BIRRA Night at the Center. Join friends & family for an “all-you-can-eat” pizza night with food generously provided by Rosso’s Pizzeria and beer donated by Total Beverage Solutions. This year, complimentary wine will be served.
- Also showing indoors, the movie Summertime with Katharine Hepburn & Rossano Brazzi.
- Reserve early (50 guest limit) – $25 members; $28 non-members. Send check to NBICF, 64 Broodwood, SR 95404 by July 5.
August 17 – 5:30 pm – Winemaker Dinner at Riviera Ristorante with Wine Pairings by Trecini Winery
SAVE THIS DATE — This event is a special fundraiser dedicated to the Jeanette Mancini Mitchell SRJC Scholarship for Future Educators. A flyer was distributed at the May Dinner with tentative menu & wine pairings. More information will be presented at the June 15 dinner and a flyer & reservation form will accompany the July Newsletter.
For more details or questions, call the NBICF Office at 707-591-9696.